Generally, people spend more time in their bedrooms than in other rooms of the home. The main reason behind this is that beds are a source of relief and comfort. Thus, it becomes all the more important to choose the right mattress. Mattresses are one of the best investments towards one’s physical and mental health.
In this article, we will discuss the different factors that you should consider before purchasing a new bed mattress.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Mattress
Several factors must be considered before purchasing a new mattress. The major factors that should be examined before choosing a new mattress are as follows:
The most important factor that one should consider before buying a mattress is its size. Mattresses are available in different sizes, and you can choose one based on your needs and preference. Different mattress sizes are as follows:
- Twin: A twin mattress generally has a size of 39 x 75 inches. It is considered as a good option for beds that are in small spaces. A twin mattress can fit a single adult easily.
- Twin XL: The twin XL is sized at 39 x 80 inches and is a perfect option for tall people. It can easily fit into a small bed and has extra legroom.
- Full: The full mattress is a go-to mattress for a beginner. With a measurement of 54 x 75 inches, it has enough room for a sleeper to stretch out. This size is suitable for studio apartments as well as average-sized rooms.
- Queen: With a size of 60 x 80 inches, the queen mattress is a popular choice in the market. In this, two people can easily and comfortably sleep.
- King: The king-size mattresses measure 76 x 80 inches and are usually preferred for large rooms.
- California King: Lastly, the California King mattress is a huge one that measures 72 x 84 inches. It is quite comfortable for two tall people.
Material is another important factor that needs to be considered before purchasing a new mattress. Following are some common materials from which mattresses are made:
● Foam: A foam mattress is made from pure polyfoam or a combination of memory and supportive polyfoam.
● Innerspring: In this, there is a comfortable layer of polyfoam. It also contains steel coils for support.
● Latex: It is made from high-density polyfoam or latex core that supports a natural or synthetic latex layer.
● Hybrid: There is a 2-inch latex or memory foam and pockets of coils for support, and is considered as best mattress available in the market.
● Airbed: It contains inflated air chambers according to the firmness required.
A mattress should be comfortable, and it should give proper support to the body. The mattress also needs to be firm enough. The sleeping position, as well as the weight of a person, can play a huge role in choosing the right firmness of the mattress.
When it comes to durability, some mattress materials tend to wear out faster,and others may stay put for several years, depending on the usage. The quality of the mattress needs to be good; it should also be within your budget.
We are sure you got to know how to shop for a new mattress through the above factors. It is always advisable to do proper research before making a purchase.