Summary: Here are the things that you should do to take proper care of the microscope apart from using it.
Microscopes are one of the best inventions in the world. They did help us to reach greater heights in almost all fields. Microscopes have evolved a lot over many years. Many companies or brands have worked hard or tirelessly to change their design and to add a lot more features to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the research.
These days devices with a cheap microscope camera can help us to see a lot more than what you used to see on the traditional microscopes. If you are purchasing a microscope for your laboratory, that is an excellent thing.
Unfortunately, not many people know how to use a microscope. Microscopes last for a long time only when you take proper care of it. Here in this article, we will discuss ways you can follow to handle the microscopes in the right manner to ensure that it lasts for a long time.
Also, Submit Blog Post with quality content any time.
Using the Microscope: Here are some tips that you can follow when using the microscope:
- If you are using microscope slides, it is wise to place it on the coverslip. It will help in flattening the sample apart from avoiding the liquid to spill everywhere, especially on the microscope stage. When you are using the compound microscope, doing this is quite essential.
- If you are using a compound lens, it is always good to start with an objective lens of 4x zoom. The magnification level is less. Now, this is the only you will not end up smashing the objective lens on the stage. You will be able to better focus on the sample as well.
- Always use the equipment with gentleness and care. Do not use force on any of the components when you do not know how to use a particular feature. You may need to speak with people who know how to use it instead. Focus knob, for example, can be tight when it is locked. There is a way to unlock it. You should ask people who are installing the device to give you a demo.
- Always adjust the rheostat light in the equipment before using it. It is the only way you to get a sharp or crisp image.
- If the microscope that you are using is digital, it is impossible to see the image unless you use a beam splitter to direct the light into the camera properly.
Taking Care of the Microscope: There are some things that you need to do to avoid causing damages to the microscope:
- Never pick the microscope using the eyepiece and stage as it might damage the equipment.
- You should use both hands when moving a microscope from one place to another.
- Ensure that you remove the plug from the device before moving it from one place to another.
- If you are using immersion oil, ensure that you clean it up after the use of the microscope.
- Cover the microscope with a dust cover when you are not going to use it for some time.
Safely Operate the Microscope: You must follow some simple safety steps when operating the microscope. Here are some of the details for your reference:
- If you are planning to replace the bulb in the microscope, you should first unplug the equipment. Always use the lamp that they recommend in the user manual. You should plan on taking extra care and caution if the microscope is using a mercury bulb. Always read the instructions in the manual before proceeding further. It is the only way you can avoid any damage to the device or yourself.
- If your hands are wet, you should avoid connecting the plug into a socket. Always dry your hands before plugging the microscope. You can avoid mishaps when you take care of these things.
- It is an excellent habit to unplug the microscope when it is not in use. You should also plan on wrapping the cord before placing it in a corner. If the socket is on the ground level, it will avoid people from tripping down.
- You should make a list of do’s and don’t and place it on the wall so that people read and follow the instructions inscribed on it. People who come to the laboratory will know the rules and will abide by it to avoid accidents.
So many companies are selling microscopes these days. You need to take the time to research thoroughly before making any business decision. Buying the microscope might cost you some money, but some components will not cost much. These days, for example, you can find a cheap microscope camera.
You can save a lot of money when you purchase components after doing some research. These are somethings that you should know when you are planning to invest in a microscope.