What is Online Reputation Management Strategy?
What is Reputation Management?
Business Reputation Management?
Online Reputation Monitoring?
In this blog, we have covered the ORM topic in details. This will cover all the above questions and the question which is coming to our mind while reading the blog.
As Google says
“Your Online Identity is not determined by what you post but also what others post about you.”
It could be done by various methods:
Google My Business Reviews: This is the very first thing you should check because if your reviews on GMB listing are not good and you are optimizing the website for Google Search then you are in a bad situation. You need to make a balance of Reviews or I would suggest you do something that makes your customer happy.
Google will happy always only if your customers are happy.
If you don’t have Google m Business Account for you or your client then you can create here: https://www.google.com/intl/en_in/business/
- Business Listing Websites
- Wikipedia page or other wiki websites pages
- Social Profiles
- Blog Posts or Guest Blogs or Articles where you have been published about your business. It may be by you or anybody else
- Comments About You on Social media like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin or in Blog posts
- Photo Tags: means your images posts on may be websites like Instagram, Flickr about your business
- Videos about your business whether positive or negative on websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, etc
- Forums where people used to talk or discuss your niche
- Customers Reviews (Such as Yelp, Yellow pages)
Why does ORM (Online Reputation Management) matter to you?
It is directly impacted your business
Note: Here we are talking about online business that is why the name itself called Online Reputation management.
According to the recent study, 89% of the customers have quit doing business because of the bad customer experience. This may be on any website that relates to your business. And you will be surprised to know that out of 89% the 50% of customers will not come back again. To bring them back the concept of ORM works.
Important Tip: It takes 12 positive service experiences to hide up your one negative customer experience.
Also, we need to focus on our business should be on the Google first page on the keywords that we are optimizing.
Why Google page number one?
Because Google receives 63000 searches in seconds on a given day. – Stat Online Source And 99% of people or users always look on the first page. There is only 1 or maybe 2 percent of people go to the next page to search for their results.
The others 99% will change their keywords or Query in the search bar for their results.
So, in short, your Website and Google My Business listing should be on the first page.
How to optimize for better ORM?
Now the question comes in everybody’s mind. How to optimize for online reputation management for our business to increase customer trust and gain more and more customers or users.
The answer is very simple. If you have read the above 10 points that I have already listed then you need not worry about your Online Business reputation.
I am here giving you briefly how we can do this.
1. List your business on all the different directories or local listing with the same NAP (Name, Address and Phone Number) as on Google My Business.
The top-level listing websites such as Yelp, Crunchbase, Yellow Pages, etc. List your business as much as you can.
2. Create a GMB page if you do not have it. I have then updated it daily. To update you can post a GMB post or Photo or video etc. Focus on customer reviews is a must.
3. Focus on Forum websites such as; Quora, Reddit, etc. find more according to your niche or category.
4. Maintain Social profiles is mandatory when the concept comes of ORM. There are many profiles like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Flickr, etc. You have to manage all of them in a row to come up like a brand promotion.
These above are the main pillars of the online reputation of any business, Just take care of these 4 as top priorities and also focus on others as I listed above 10 points.
What about Negative Reviews?
How to deal with them?
Sometimes in a company or a shopping firm get a negative review on any other platform.
“Two sides of a coin”
One is positive another is Negative.
Some haters, some of the ex-employees of the company post negative review as per their experience or any other situation may be.
AS an ORM specialist you have to know how to deal with that review or that particular situation. To handle:
1. Remember never ignore these types of comments or reviews. Give them a reply to solve their issue or according to the situation faced by the customer. It means you have to do as best you can.
2. In this negativity, you learn something new because this is also the way to improvements in your products or services. So think about the improvements.
3. You can email your existing customers who have not posted any reviews on your Website, GMB page or where the negative review held. You can genuinely ask them to post a review by sending in an email with the review link so that when they click on the link they directly go the review adding page.
NOTE: Don’t use reviews for advertising or spam such as posting the same reviews again and again or fake reviews.
Online Reputation Management (ORM) is a must for every company whose business or service is Online.
If you find any difficulty regarding ORM don’t hesitate to hire an ORM specialty because this is an ongoing task and takes time. You can do it by yourself only if you have time to spend on it. Think about your business in a future logic. Present it as a brand.
The other thing is to focus on your business or service. This is what customers get in the end. Put all the effort into your business to make the best in the industry.