It is always good to begin with the basics. One can term this to be an unwritten rule, irrespective of the discipline. So, under the title Python for beginners,we dedicate this blog to the basics of Python, with the intention to introduce the Python programming enthusiasts to this powerful programming language.
Apart from going through this blog, join Digital Trainee’s Python classes in Pune to learn Python programming from scratch, and reach the expertise level to get placed. That too by undergoing fully practical oriented training. Do not miss out on this chance.
For now, let’s get back to the introduction of Python.
Let’s begin by getting to know what Python is.
Well, Python basically is a programming language which was invented by Guido van Rossum. It was released back in 1991. Python 3 is the latest version of Python, and is currently being used for web development.
Talking about the popular applications of Python, the language is mainly used for the following purposes,
- Server side web development
- Software development
- System based scripting
Python brings to the table various frameworks like Pyramid, Django etc. for web development. These are known for their scalability, flexibility and security.
PyGtk, PyQt are a couple of popular GUI frameworks. Desktop GUI brings to the table a number of frameworks and toolkits which come in handy during development of desktop applications.
PyGame and PySoy are two of the Python libraries which are deployed for game development.
AI and Machine Learning
Access to a large number of open-source libraries which are useful while building AI/ML based applications.
The Python programming language is not just considered to be beginner friendly, but also suitable and handy for the experienced programmers alongside other programming languages like Java and C++.
Moving on, we will now share a few interesting facts about this programming language.
- A few interesting facts about Python
- At present, Python is the most widely used high level multi-purpose programming language.
- Majority of the reputed names like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Uber etc. are known to be using Python.
- Python facilitates programming in both Procedural and Object-Oriented paradigms.
- The best thing and advantage with Python is that it comes with a big collection of standard library which can be deployed for the following,
- GUI applications such as PyQt, Tkinter etc.
- Machine Learning
- Web frameworks such as Django (utilized by Instagram, YouTube etc.)
- Test Framework
And the list continues…………
- Usually, Python programs turn out to be shorter than rest of the programming languages such as Java. That’s why, the need to type is comparatively less. In addition to this, the indentation convention of the language makes it easy to read all the time.
So, in order to learn such a popular, high utility and widely used programming language, enrol into Digital Trainee’s Python course in Pune, and walk out as an industry ready Python professional!!!
- Python syntax in comparison to rest of the programming languages
Python was basically designed with a focus on readability. It is inspired from mathematics, and has got some similarities to the English language.
Python is dependent on things like use of whitespace, indentation for defining scope e.g. scope of loops, scope of functions and classes. Rest of the programming languages frequently make use of the curly brackets for the same.
While Python puts to use new lines for completing a command, rest of the programming languages generally make use of parentheses or semicolons.
Features of Python
Mentioned below are some of the salient features of this programming language, which make it stand out.
- Python is compatible with majority of the popular and widely used platforms including Windows, Linux, Mac etc.
- Python adopts an interpreter system for running. It implies that the code can be executed once it is written down. Due to this, prototyping is possible in quick time.
- Python is blessed with an easy and simple to use syntax that is identical to the English language. Therefore it is easier to understand and learn the language.
- It is possible to treat Python in an object-oriented manner, a procedural manner, or in a functional manner.
- The syntax of Python is such that it permits the developers to write code using fewer lines as compared to the other coding languages.
- As far as Python is concerned, no distinct compilation and execution steps like the ones in C and C++ are involved.
- With Python, there isn’t any need to worry regarding the loading and linking with libraries.
- In case of Python, one doesn’t need to care about low-level aspects such as program memory management etc.
- Python happens to convert the source code into an intermediate form termed as bytecodes internally. Bytecodes is then translated into the native language of the particular computer, so as to execute it.
- More than the syntax, the emphasis here is on finding solution to the problem.
- Apart from the standard library, various other high-quality libraries are also there. E.g. the Python Imaging Library which happens to be a simple and high utility image manipulation library.
- The language comes with in-built functions for majority of the regularly used concepts.
All of these and other features make Python a popular and preferred programming language amongst the developers worldwide.
So, excited to learn a programming language that has on offer so much for the developers? Well, in that case, Digital Trainee, the leading Python training institute in Pune is your destination.
Talking about the syntax simplicity of this language, let’s take a classic example – the “Hello World program. It will give our readers a fair bit of idea about how easy it is to code in Python. Particularly from the syntax perspective.
Hello World program using Java code:
public class HelloWorld
public static void main (String args)
Hello World program using Python code:
Even though this is one of the most basic programs, the difference can be easily seen. Which is simpler? Decide for yourself.
Use of Python
Broadly speaking, following are the things that can be easily accomplished using Python:
- Python can be deployed along with software for creation of workflows
- Handling big data and carrying out complex mathematics is possible using Python
- Python is often used on a server for creation of web applications
- A connection with database systems can be established using Python. Reading and modifying files is also feasible using the programming language
- The use of Python for production-ready software development and quick prototyping is well known
As can be seen, the use of Python is indeed wide and diverse.
We are pretty sure that all this information would help our readers in getting acquainted with Python. It would also help them in coming to a decision on whether to take up Python programming for a career. If the answer is a yes, Digital Trainee would like to welcome you for its 100% practical oriented Python training in Pune. We can definitely help you chalk out a successful career as a Python programmer.
For Submit A Guest Post Technology Category blogging check the link.